Rise 360 Accessibility Updates

Dec 03, 2020

We are excited to share our Rise 360 Accessibility Collection! 

In this collection, you'll find the Rise 360 Accessibility Conformance Report (VPAT®) used to describe how Rise 360 conforms to WCAG 2.1 Level AA criteria.

You'll also find updates on our Accessibility Journey that includes details on screen reader support! 

Finally, we updated our roadmap to include Rise 360 features we’re continuing to develop to better support WCAG.

Please share your questions and experiences building accessible courses for all in the comments below!

42 Replies
Liz Victoria

Request for Team Articulate:

As I was reading through the Rise accessibility-related pages on your site, I noticed that there are quite a few text contrast issues on the site itself.  I understand that muted/pastel colors have been part of the "look" of Articulate and its products for a long time, but I'm wondering if Articulate would consider rebranding/re-coloring your customer-facing website to meet WCAG standards? Particularly on pages discussing accessibility features (but on all pages, really). Thank you in advance for considering this request.

Renz Sevilla

Hi Claire! Great questions!

Yes, the screen reader will read the text of a Text on Image block.

Please note:

- The positioning of the text will affect the order if it's read first or last depending on if it's on the left or right of the image, respectively.

- Even with text content, the screen reader will still look for alt text for the image.

- If there are images in these blocks that don’t have alt text, screen readers ignore the tag and just announce them as images or read the file name. 

If you don't want them to be announced as just "Image" or the "filename", please provide alt text to describe the image properly.

Hope that helps!

Suziana Ahmed Shukor

We have the same problem too. We also have an issue where the submit button change state which does not comply with color contrast.

Accordion with + signs do not work so I use tab feature instead. The same issue with flip card because of the flip symbol there.

We need to addresses these issues.

Suziana Ahmed Shukor

In short, we have these barriers for NVDA screen readers:

1) Start button seems empty

2) Accordion feature with + icon

3) Flip card feature with 'flip' icon 

4) Process interaction feature

4) Knowledge check 'retake' icon

5) Knowledge check change of colour on Submit button does not comply with color contrast ratio

Mark Buffone

Our web governance tool, SiteImprove, is flagging that all of our accessibility courses do not have headings. Can anyone from Articulate investigate if this is an issue on the Articulate software side? Trying to figure out if SiteImprove uses H tags for the headings within the courses. It may be the way our content management system is set up, so any insight would be helpful. Courses in question are stored at www.peterborough.ca/aodatraining. Thanks. I can also be reached at mbuffone@peterborough.ca

Mark Buffone

Our web governance tool, SiteImprove, is also flagging the following WCAG non-compliance issues with 10 accessibility courses stored at www.peterborough.ca/aodatraining:

• skip to main content link is missing
  • page zoom is restricted

Please refer to attached SiteImprove reports, investigate and advise. I can also be reached at mbuffone@peterborough.ca. Thanks.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Melanie! 

We recently made some minor text updates to the Rise 360 Accessibility Conformance Report so that it matches what you see on the Rise 360 Roadmap

When we make accessibility updates in Rise, we'll be sure to log those on the Rise 360 Version History page so you don't have to re-read the entire conformance report.