Rise 360 Publishing Error: "File type not supported" for an imaginary jpg file?

Oct 04, 2023

I've taken a Rise 360 template and adjusted it for a course on our LMS on Communication Basics.  I took the 'Workplace Communication Basics" template and included some extra pieces from the "Communication Fundamentals" template.  Other than a few wording changes, nothing else was added.

Published as a SCORM 1.2 and uploaded it to our LMS (Brainier).  I got an error message "File type is not allowed:....lots of letters and numbers-stock-image.jpg".  I attached the screen shot.

So I went into the SCORM file to remove that specific file.  Republished, same message only this time with another file that is not allowed.  Went through the process several more times and it's never ending.

I reached out to my LMS provider who sent this:

"Looks like those JPG files aren’t actually images, which is why they’re being rejected. If you try to open them you’d get an error. The content is just text:

{"statusCode":403,"error":"Forbidden"}

This needs to be corrected, in your SCORM authoring tool and once found or removed the SCORM file will upload. You will want to check the others as well."

Okay, if it had been something I designed from scratch I can see that.  But these are Rise 360 templates so I'm sure they are being used by a lot of people as-is.  I can't 'check the others' as I have no idea what the other issues may be as my LMS only brings them up one at a time after a long upload process.

Any suggestions?

1 Reply