Rise - Accordian Block

May 11, 2018

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to ensure that when an accordion page is opened that it always opens at the top. My experience so far is that if the learner has looked at an image within one accordion page, then when they open the next it jumps to the next image and the learner is likely to miss the text related to the new image.

Thanks for help and guidance!

9 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi DB,

I was playing around with Rise and an Accordion block this AM, and I'm not sure I understand what you're seeing. When I clicked to open the next section of the Accordion, it appeared at the top of that section and I scrolled down to see the text and image that followed. 

Could you include a Share link from your Rise course so that we could test it? Or can you take a Peek of the problem? You can include the share link for that here in your reply! 

DB McPeek

Hello,

Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to share the course contents. I did find that 1) it only happens in PC view. 2) if I close the previous accordion page and use the "Plus - +" sign to open subsequent pages, within the accordion block, the issue does not repeat.

So, I have a work around that will suffice with added direction as PC view is currently the only view my users will be using.

DB McPeek

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi DB, 

It sounds like you were clicking on the Accordion titles vs. the Plus sign? I tested both but didn't experience anything different. Were you viewing it in a particular browser?

I was testing on my MacBook with Chrome, but I can also test in another environment that matches yours if you can share. Let me know the browser and if it's the Mac or Windows version! 

DB McPeek

Hello,

We use Firefox on a windows PC. I notice it only when I am in PC view and I am using the + sign not the title to open. I have the settings set to only allow one accordion window open at a time.

DB McPeek
Trainer, Default Prevention Services

[https://inside.ecmc.lan/Workplace-Services/Logos-Templates/Documents/ECMC

iQ Performance and Development

I know this thread is a few years old but this is behaviour is still happening.

When the accordion block is set to only open one at a time it aligns to the bottom of the block when it's opened and you have to scroll up every time you open the next item. This is really irritating!

Any updates, or intentions of fixing this so the accordions open aligned to the top?