Rise scorm progress not saved from iPad only

Mar 26, 2020

I am having a new issue tonight of Rise progress not being saved from iPad.  I have logged in with the same user from multiple browsers and from my up to date iPad.  I am unable to get any progress to send to the LMS from the ipad.  From the ipad moodle app, i was able to get past the scorm to a conditional quiz but when I checked the logs in my admin side it didnt even show an attempt at the scorm package from the ipad.  The other browsers and devices all seem to be working fine.

To add further confusion to this I just did some more testing.  Old scorm packages that worked fine before are not tracking in ipad.   Weirder yet, I did the module on a laptop and have completion showing int the lms.  When I log in on the iPad it still is not showing completion or tracking anything.  I can see now this is not an articulate issue.  I have never seen this before.  Maybe something with my iPad I guess.

Any advice from anyone?  I am supposed to be launching COVID-19 materials to 900 paramedics tomorrow and not looking forward to the support calls.

Thanks

Tim

8 Replies
EMS Training

hey Crystal.

I appreciate your response.  the more I look into this, I don't think this has anything to do with Articulate.  I am guessing there was a change in IOS and my moodle version is not caught up to it as nothing from ipad or iphone is working correctly from any browser or the Moodle app but MacOS, Windows and even my Galaxy phone are all working fine.

I cant delay the release so I will have to put a notice out that IOS is not supported until I figure this out and deal with the backlash.

Tim

EMS Training

John;

My working theory now has to do with the speed the person completes the course and it may have to do with how Moodle handles it on it's end.  If they button bash through, it doesnt keep up with completion setting.  I put a note in the Moodle page reminding people to slow down, read the content and not just skip ahead.  With that I have not had any more complaints with almost 700 completions of the module now.

Not ideal but it is working.

Tim

Roger Reeves

We are having a similar issue with iPad users in the past few weeks (~iOS 14 upgrade) where resume/bookmarking is not working like it does on the PC/laptops.   We are working with our IT Mobile support team to see what changes Apple may have made to either iOS or Safari that is preventing the bookmarking location from being reported.  We have our WBTs housed on the SF iContent server linked to SF LMS (vSaaS).

We have also verified that these 4 Safari settings are disabled (turned off):

• Block Pop-ups
  • Prevent Cross-Site Tracking
  • Block All Cookies
  • Request Desktop Website (since iOS 13 in fall 2019)

We're still looking at other troubleshooting options.  From an Articulate Storyline perspective, do you recommend "Ask before Resume" or "Always Resume"?   Would that have any impact on the LMS communication to store the bookmark location?

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Roger. That setting only controls whether we display the prompt to allow learners to resume or start over. Either way, the suspend data is still being communicated to the LMS (and back). 

To help with your efforts, please have a look at this article about suspend data. If you're still stuck, we're always happy to lend a hand. You can start a case by clicking here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.