Storyline block in Rise exported for Cornerstone

May 07, 2019

I ran into a snag today when publishing courses. I have a Rise course with a Storyline block, but when I try to upload it to Cornerstone, I get a Critical error regarding the format:

Critical errors
Critical errors
Multi standards (AICC/ SCORM/ xAPI) are not allowed in one file. Please create a separate file per each (AICC or SCORM or xAPI) and try again.
File: our-culture-scorm12-rUoXa775.zip

I thought everything was published in 1.2, but not sure how to check.

Does anyone have any ideas?

5 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Roni. Our team is investigating this behavior. Within the Rise 360 output, the Storyline 360 content includes a tincan.xml file. You can find it here in the unzipped Rise 360 output:

scormcontent > assets > [numbered Storyline output folder] > tincan.xml

I'm including this discussion in our report, and I will update you here with any changes to the output!

Steve Flowers

Hi Roni. Deleting the tincan.xml files from the zip should fix the problem until Cornerstone or Articulate find a way to handle it.

1) Unzip the SCORM file. 

2) Search the unzipped folder for tincan.xml. 

3) Delete the tincan.xml files that return in the search. 

4) Rezip the contents of the unzipped file, ensuring that the imsmanifest file is at the root of the zip.

** If you don't remove the tincan.xml files from the imsmanifest file, you'll get warnings for every missing file. Not a big deal. It'll still upload. 

Thomas Halbritter

Since the CSOD accepted the Xapi import format , many error have started to appear.In order to receive a successful download , I would need to remove all storyline elements from the Rise course.

I will try to delete the Xapi files that are in the zip folder. Hopefully that would work. Can you please find a better solution than this annoying  workaround ?

Many thanks ....

Crystal Horn

Hey everybody. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 29 for Storyline 360! Here are all the details.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where a Tin Can file was showing up in Rise 360 courses that included a Storyline block, causing errors when uploading SCORM packages to your LMS.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360. After updating, please republish your Storyline project to Review 360, and reinsert your Storyline block in Rise 360. Let me know how you make out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.