Tracking Progress through a Rise course in an LMS

Dec 20, 2022

Rise tracks percentage completion as a user moves through the course but is it possible to record that progress in an LMS using SCORM or xAPI? I've been testing with SCORM Cloud and the SCORM at least is telling me a lot about what is happening so how can I pick this up in the LMS?

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, John. Rise 360 output won't report on the percentage of completion, or the number of lessons complete. It will simply tell the LMS whether the learner has met the completion requirements or not.

The course will, however, hold a learner's place so they can resume the course from where they left off if they've exited.

Primary English Teaching Association Australia

Hi, how can we make it do this please? We’re using a paid version of Moodle and our learners are complaining because it always goes back to the beginning when they log back in. It does KNOW they’ve previously done it, as it shows the percentage, but it doesn’t take them to where they got to in the course, they have to scroll through. 

Angelo Cruz

Hello Megan! A Rise 360 course hosted in an LMS should allow learners to exit and resume courses with their progress intact.

However, this sounds like you might be exceeding the suspend data limits for the SCORM standard you used. You can check out this article regarding Exceeding SCORM Suspend Data Limits and try out the suggested solutions.

If you continue to encounter the same issue, you can test your course at SCORM Cloud and see how it behaves compared to what you're experiencing with your LMS.