Translating a Rise Course with Storyline blocks

Jan 21, 2020

Hi,

I am currently evaluating eLearning tools and I want to know more about the translation process for Rise Courses with Storyline blocks. It's my understanding that Storyline blocks are treated as web objects in Rise courses, so they are unable to be translated. 

For context, I have to translate content into 11 different languages. What would the process look like to translate a Rise course with Storyline blocks into multiple languages? I'd love to understand the process from start to finish.

Thanks,

Danielle

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Danielle!

Check out these four simple steps for translating a Rise 360 into a different language. 

If the translated course contains a Storyline block, you'll want to translate the Storyline content separately. Then, import the newly-translated Storyline block into the translated Rise course. 

Let me know if that answers your question!

Danielle Ferretti

To confirm, would the process work as follows?

1. Create master Rise course in English.

2. Duplicate master course 11 times.

3. Export Rise course as XLIFF.

4. Export Storyline block as XLIFF.

5. Translate all content (externally).

6. Upload translated Rise course 11 times (for each language).

7. Upload translated Storyline block 11 times (for each language).

8. Publish translated Storyline block 11 times (for each language).

9. Add applicable Storyline block to each translated Rise course.

10. Export as SCORM 11 times (for each language).

If the above is correct, this is extremely time consuming. How can I speed up or automate this process? Is there any way to use API to automatically export/import Rise content and export/import/publish Storyline content?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Danielle,

When you're translating a course into so many languages, I know that's quite a lot of work to do! While we don't have an option to automatically export/import Rise content and export/import/publish Storyline content, I'll share your experience with our team. We'll let you know if we make improvements to the translation process in the future. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Katy!

It sounds like you tried to open the XLIFF file on your computer, is that right? 

An XLIFF file is a special file commonly used for translating content. You'll want to use a web app, computer program, or professional translation service to edit your XLIFF file.

Do you have a translation provider who will translate the XLIFF files for you?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.