Vertical images in Rise?

Oct 17, 2023

Can I use a long vertical image in a Rise course? If so, what is the best height and width? I have a long vertical infographic I want to include. 

2 Replies
OWEN HOLT

two thoughts
1) Create an HTML page with your image in it and host it somewhere your Riise course can access. Use the "overflow" CSS property to set up a scrolling panel on the page when you create it. Use the "Embed" block to embed your page in Rise.
2) Use the scrolling panel block in Storyline and then use the Rise: Storyline block.

Phil Foss

I would aim for a height of at least 2000px. And it sounds like you might even be able to get a vector/svg version- that would be best, otherwise a png format would be good. The sizing is pretty good in rise- it will display it at a max height of your browser window, I even tested this out in a screen recording, but the zoom function has no purpose now so you might as well disable that.

Also used one of Owen's recommendations if you need a larger image- here's an example of self hosting the image on a webpage and using embed will allow for zoomed-in image. Downside- it has a lot of scroll and doesn't fit very well in the Rise template.

Plus an example of autoplay audio, I wanted to see if it was possible.