Personality quiz

Apr 10, 2013

I’d like to make a “personality quiz” that asks the user a series of 12 questions and then based on their responses, categorizes them into 1 of 3 personality types.   Once categorized, I like to present the user with a video relevant to their specific personality type.  Each personality type would have its own video.  Hope that makes sense.

Is that type of functionality doable in Storyline?

22 Replies
Alicia Durham

I did similar assessment on whether participants had the characteristics to Work from Home.  I used Multiple Choice Quiz and assigned each answer a value (1-5).  (ie 5 is perfect characteristic).  I then created a results slide with triggers based on scores (ie show layer ___ when results are 8-15, show layer __ when results are >7....)   Does this make sense?

Alicia

Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi All,

Peter, thanks for uploading Mike's example. Because he uses a pick many, the person completing the survey make more than one "style choice per slide.

Josh, If that's not a need, and the person completing the survey should only be making one choice per slide, you may want to check out Jeanette's Screenr Making Magazine Style Assessments.

Easy to follow. Uses a Multiple choice quiz to start out. No need to create new variables. Takes advantage of the built in Results.ScorePoints variable.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Louise and welcome to Heroes! 

First, I'd start with checking your variable name - did you include the space between style and the 1 when you created the name? Next, I'd check the order of your triggers and variable adjustment - as triggers will be executed as described here. 

If you're still having difficulty it may help if we're able to see your set up and the .story file. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Luke,

That should do it - but you'll also want to look at what Completion settings you've used as detailed here and the SCORM version you're publishing with to see if Moodle needs a specific set up.  You could also look at testing your content in SCORM Cloud which is an industry standard for testing your SCORM output.  This article will walk you through some steps for testing it out. 

Ralf  Baum

HI Luke,

that won't work without any rework. You will have to use the "survey"-feature of the quiz. Here is a video that will surely help you:

http://articulate.com/support/storyline/how-to-send-the-value-of-a-variable-to-an-lms

Are you sure that the answers are not shown in a random mode? This would explain why it works sometimes. Then the variable a is on answer 2 which would still deliver the correct answer when you work with real content.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.