Problem to parse likert learner response

Sep 25, 2014

Hi I want to take a detailed student report from an articulate course and I have the next scenario.

The learner response from a likert type interaction has a strange format like:

'question1___response_question1___question2___response_question2___question3___response_question3'

It seems to be easy split this to question-response tuples(by '___' tokenizer), but it isn't. In some scenarios some chars are replaced by _, so it can be questions(even answers) with three underscores(for example ' / ' or ' , ' will be replaced by '___'.

Real example:

Question1:

Establishes rapport - personal_opening / gains_customer's commitment to proceed

Response1:

N/a

Question2:

States purpose of call - agrees agenda, AOB

Response2:

Question3:

Overall Section Score

Response3:

Interaction student response:

"Establishes_rapport_-_personal_opening___gains_customer's_commitment_to_proceed___N_a___States_purpose_of_call_-_agrees_agenda__AOB___3___Overall_Section_Score___2"

I can't take in a generic way question/response tuple, because I can't tokenize by any identificable separator as '___' in those cases.

Can you take us any solution? Maybe identify all characters replaced by '_' to avoid them(bad solution) or separate different question/responses by other separator.

Thanks

3 Replies
Rubén Pérez

We are already using update 6, but the problem isn't "Responses to Likert Questions Aren't Reported to an LMS".

We have all responses in LMS, but we are unable to parse them properly as I told in the first post. The response hasn't a correct separator between questions and responses in the interaction student response, in some cases we can't distinguish it (view the example in the first post http://community.articulate.com/forums/p/56509/302262.aspx#302262).

I request any solution to split different question/responses in student response interaction.

Regards,

Rubn.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ruben,

Unfortunately it's not something that you can change within Storyline, as it's up to your LMS to read and report out on the data that Storyline sends. If you'd like to see a different way of sharing the data, you're welcome to share your thoughts in the form of a feature request as those go to our product development team for review.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.