Missing Player in Rise 360 Mobile

May 16, 2024

Hi there. I'm using Storyline blocks that contain audio within my Rise 360 course. However, when using Safari and Chrome browsers on my iPhone - there is no player when viewing in portrait mode. The only option is to X out during the video. However, the player does appear when turning the iPhone horizontal/ landscape. Is this normal behavior?

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hi Bonita,

Happy to help!

The player should still be visible when you view your course on an iOS device in portrait mode. Here's a Rise 360 course with an embedded Storyline 360 block. It has audio and video and is viewed in portrait mode.

I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience. 

• How are you viewing your Rise 360 course? Is it through an LMS? If yes, have you tried testing your course in SCORM Cloud to compare results?
  • Do you encounter the same behavior when you publish and access your course in Review 360?
  • Are you using an up-to-date iOS device?

There's a chance that the behavior you're experiencing is specific to a certain environment, so I recommend testing in SCORM Cloud and Review 360 to verify. If you can consistently replicate the behavior on any hosting platform, please open a case with our support team here so we can check what's happening in your course.