Rise 360: Survey Options Query

May 16, 2024

Dear all,

I trust this message finds you in good spirits.

I'm reaching out with a query regarding the functionality of Rise 360. I'm curious to know if it's feasible to incorporate a survey directly into a learning module. Specifically, I'm interested in designing a survey where respondents receive personalized results based on their answers. For instance, participants could answer questions on a personality survey and then be matched with a specific personality type tailored to their responses.

Additionally, I'm eager to explore the possibility of integrating a discussion board feature within the module. This would allow learners to engage in meaningful conversations and collaborate effectively.

Furthermore, I'm wondering if there's a way to implement a leaderboard that tracks participants' scores as they progress through the module. This gamification element could enhance engagement and motivation among learners.

Your insights and guidance on these matters would be immensely appreciated.

Warm regards,

Momin

1 Reply
John Cooper

Hi

There is quite a lot of discussion on this site about the need for a survey block in RISE - such as this thread:

Survey questions in Rise 360? - Rise 360 Discussions - E-Learning Heroes (articulate.com)

Many of the proposed work-arounds in the discussion suggest embeding a third-party product into the course. However, I note that you want to "incorporate a survey directly into a learning module." and then give the learner feedback (presumably from the learning module)...

You might want to consider using a Storyline Block. I posted this response previously in one of the threads:

"If your requirement is to allow the learner to receive feedback on their responses to a multi-part survey and you aren't necessarily interested in sending the information back to an LMS, we have done this for in a number of projects using JavaScript to capture the user responses (we use a slider Likert scale).

There's a demonstration here:

Lifestyle Survey (profilelearning.com)

The code involves uses an editable pdf form as the basis for the output - so inserting additional feedback based on the scores for each section of the survey is fairly straightforward."

Although this demo is a Storyline example, we have incorporated this type of survey into RISE courses and the learner downloads their personalised feedback report.

The problem comes if you need to pass the results of the survey to another Storyline block later in the course or pass the information to the LMS. This requires storing the results somewhere - either in local browser storage or in an LRS using xAPI calls.

I hope this helps

John