Converting an LMS file back to StoryLine 360

May 10, 2024

I lost a file in storyline, but I still have the LMS format of it, how do I convert it back to storyline so I can edit it?

1 Reply
Walt Hamilton

Publishing a SL file is like baking a cake; you can’t go back and change the ingredients. You have to find the .story file to change it. There may be a backup or partial copy in a temp folder, otherwise, you have to recreate it. Sorry

Which makes a strong case for frequently asking, “If I lose this project right now, will I be mad or hurt?” That’s the answer to “Should I backup right now?” The only people that can have too many backups in too many places are those who never use computers.

Personal Rant: My wife hates to have “things” around, so she is constantly throwing things away. Wonderful trait in a housekeeper, but a terrible one in a computer user. Computers are designed to easily, invisibly, cheaply, securely (usually) store and retrieve “things”. People should organize, keep, and backup their stuff. I frequently go to my wife’s computer and make backups of important folders because I know she throws away things she needs later.