Results Slides

May 16, 2024

Hello everyone,

I am designing a course in Articulate Storyline for Towson University. I took over this project from another developer when he got a full-time position. Before that, I had only used Articulate Rise and had no experience with Storyline.

I have learned so much by doing this, but one thing that still stymies me is adding results slides. I watched an On-Demand recording in the training section but am still confused. 

The course I am working on includes multiple pre-and post-tests, with questions ranging from multiple-choice to short essays. These are all intended to be tracked through the LMS when uploaded to Blackboard Ultra. The previous developer, whose work I greatly respect, added four results slides to track questions in the sections he created in Storyline. All of the questions from these sections are linked to the corresponding results slide. I have managed to link the slides of the pre-and post-tests to the results slides from the slide layers by clicking on the gear in the bottom right.  

My questions are as follows:

1. Would one results slide be created for all the test questions in each module section?

2. do I add the result slides when I create my menu? Are the students supposed to be able to see these slides?

3. How can I view the data from the results slides after the course is uploaded to the LMS?

I am truly grateful for any guidance you can provide on these matters. Thank you in advance for your help!

Jennifer
2 Replies
Walt Hamilton

#1 Yes. This section of the User Guide may get you started on doing that: 

https://community.articulate.com/series/articulate-storyline-360/articles/articulate-storyline-360-user-guide-how-to-add-result-slides

#2 depends on what the course designer/SME wants

#3 That sounds like something of more interest to the instructor than the developer. At any rate, it is up to the LMS on how, when, and where the results are made available.