Picture this scenario: Your boss sends you an email asking you to research e-learning course creation apps—also known as e-learning authoring software—so your department can purchase a tool to develop e-learning. You hardly know anything about e-learning, much less course creation apps. You search online, but quickly become lost in the sea of information, opinions, and product specifications. All you want is some general information about what e-learning course creation apps are all about, but you can’t seem to find it!
If this sounds familiar and you’re looking to learn what e-learning course creation apps are all about, you’ve come to the right place. Read on to find out the main things you need to know.
What Are E-Learning Course Creations Apps?
E-learning course creation apps allow you to develop e-learning courses—also known as computer-based training, online training, online courses, and distance learning. There are lots of different apps to choose from, but they all have one thing in common: they help you build a “learning experience” that’s viewed on a computer, tablet, and/or smartphone.
What Can You Create with E-Learning Course Creation Apps?
Specific functionalities will vary from app to app, but the range of things you can do with e-learning course creation apps includes:
- Presenting information using text, shapes, photos, characters, animations, video clips, and audio.
- Building engaging interactions and games that challenge and motivate learners.
- Crafting realistic scenarios to help learners understand how to apply what they’re learning to real-life situations.
- Creating 360° immersive experiences that empower learners to build skills in realistic virtual environments.
- Recording your screen to create software training.
- Designing quizzes, assessments, and tests to measure learning.
You can use any combination of these things—and more—to create your online courses.
Do You Have to Be an Expert to Use E-Learning Course Creation Apps?
No! A wide range of people with varying backgrounds use e-learning course creation apps. Some applications—like Rise 360 and Storyline 360—require no (or minimal) coding or programming knowledge. This means subject matter experts—or anyone with average computer skills—can use e-learning course creation apps to build online training.
As you continue your research into finding the best e-learning course creation apps for your needs, you’re likely to stumble upon more questions. What types of course creation apps exist? What factors should I consider when choosing a course creation app? Not to worry! We’ve got answers for you.
Check out the resources below to help guide your search. And be sure to come back to the E-Learning Heroes community regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning.
- 3 Types of E-Learning Course Creation Apps
- How to Share E-Learning Courses with Learners
- Top Considerations for Choosing the Right E-Learning Authoring App
- 2 Ways to Show the Value of Online Training
And remember to follow us on Twitter and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments.