If there’s one thing most e-learning courses have in common, it’s that they have a quiz. Whether there are knowledge checks peppered throughout or an evaluation at the end, it’s rare to see a course without a quiz question or two.
We’ve rounded up our most helpful quiz-related content on E-Learning Heroes so you can easily get up to speed on creating quizzes in Storyline 360, as well as learn more about designing effective quizzes. And how about getting off to a running start with some free downloads?
If you’re new to creating quizzes in Storyline, first things first! Start by taking a look at these helpful tutorials:
- Creating Quizzes with Form-Based Questions
- Creating Quizzes with Freeform Interactions
- Adding Quiz Result Slides
Instructional Design Tips
Once you’ve got the technical side of things down, check out these articles for tips on designing meaningful quizzes:
- How to Write Good E-Learning Quiz Questions
- Do’s and Don’ts of Writing Effective Multiple Choice Questions
- 20+ Tips for Writing Great Quiz Questions and Response Options
- 6 Common Quizzing Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- How to Quiz Your Learners at the Right Time
- How to Write Effective Quiz Feedback
- How to Match Question Types with the Skills You’re Testing
- Creating Quizzes: Choose a Passing Score
- How to Write Plausible Incorrect Answer Options for Quiz Questions
Whether you’re short on time or just looking for inspiration, these downloads are just the thing:
- Countdown Quiz Game
- Movie Trivia Game
- Question Bank Template
- Italian Drag and Drop Quiz
- Multiple Choice Quiz with Badge Awards
- Color Gradient Quiz
- Process Interaction Quiz
- Combination Lock Quiz
- Dog-Themed Jeopardy Template
These tutorials, articles, and downloads should be more than enough to get you ready to build your next quiz. But if you get stuck somewhere along the way, we’re always here to help! Feel free to reach out to us in the discussion forums with any technical- or design-related questions you may have.
And be sure to follow us on Twitter and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments section below.