Firefox 103 incompatible with Storyline (with audio)

Jul 26, 2022

just seen - if you use Firefox 103 (Developer) the PLAY button on start is not visible - so training with audio do not starting

how to reproduce
 - install a fresh version Firefox 103 - without any plugins - default settings
 - close Firefox 103
 - open Firefox 103, paste url 
   https://360.articulate.com/review/content/80f8ecea-484c-4940-a766-b8fbc52a84b4/review

=> uncaught type error: n is not a function

testet with Storyline 3.65, 3.66

no problems with Firefox 102
no problems with Firefox 103 if in the training is no audio

her a screen recordering
https://360.articulate.com/review/content/a8769d65-6f1f-4959-b88e-147038f9797b/review

Firefox 103 "normal release" comming very soon !!!!

Jürgen

11 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Jürgen, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I was able to replicate the reported behavior in Storyline 360's most recent version, as well as in older versions of the application. I've created a bug report so our product team can take a closer look at the issue. For your reference, here's a quick look at how we tackle bugs

We'll let you know as soon as we have an update on the issue, and we've very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

Firefox 103 (normal) is release today - Play-Button to start Storyline missing

Firefox 104 (Beta) is released too - Play-Button is missing to (of course) and a changed behaviour on review 360 - comment is closed on start, is this intended ?

UPDATE: with Firefox 104 (Beta) it was not possible to  "Post Replay" in the form (click and then all text is lost)  !?

Jürgen

Jose Tansengco

Hi, Jürgen!

I have some great news to share. We just released a hotfix for Storyline 360. In the hotfix, we’ve included the fix for the issue below:

• Firefox 103 wouldn't load courses with media on the first slide.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

Sara Dominguez

Hi there,

Any news on this fix? I can view courses that I publish, but not that anyone else on my team does -- problematic when I am the QA person and Firefox is my primary browser. Both Firefox and Storyline 360 are updated to the most current version available. Will every course need to be republished for the fix to take effect? Again, I am the reviewer for courses that multiple people are publishing; to require everyone to republish all of their recent courses is not a light ask.

Also concerning is that if our clients are using Firefox, will they likewise not be able to view the courses? It doesn't instill a lot of confidence in us as developers if I have to tell the clients that they can't use a popular browser to review our courses.

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

>Will every course need to be republished for the fix to take effect?

Yes, it is a script error in the main library of the storyline player - and this library has to be updated (remove two QUOTES)

UPDATE:
https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/firefox-is-it-compatible-or-not#reply-820873

Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I'm happy to share we just released an update for Studio 360, which includes a fix for the issues below:

• Firefox 103 and later wouldn't load courses with media on the first slide.
  • Segoe UI fonts could cause Presenter 360 to crash when previewing or publishing.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Studio 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!