Forum Discussion

LaurieDuggins-9
Community Member
8 months ago

360° images: Show a compass to user as they drag image

Hello - 

I'm loving the ability to create virtual tours with 360° images in Storyline. Many users get turned around/lost when taking the virtual tour and I hope there is a way to show the photo orientation as they drag the image around.
The option to 'set initial view' of the 360° image has the feature I'm looking for (where it shows vertical and horizontal degrees from an initial point) but I'm looking for a way to show this to a user in the published version.

A small on-screen compass showing N, S, E, W that rotates would be ideal, but I'd settle for displaying the degrees of deviation (in text) if that's possible.

Thank you!

• Hi Laurie!

Someone else may have a more sophisticated response that will do exactly what you're looking for, but one simple thing you could do that would help learners who get lost, is put a button on the slide (outside of the 360 image editor) that says "reset image" or something like that, and have the trigger on the button be to Jump to Slide - This slide when the user clicks it. If your slide properties are set to "reset to initial state", then the image would go back to its starting point. That button would always be showing regardless of where the user is within the 360 image. Here's an example: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/85292bb5-b52b-460e-9df8-d7bf456f26cf/review