Forum Discussion

DanielYoung-39c
Community Member
3 months ago

Adjusting the spacing in a Storyline module within Rise

Hello. I've created a custom Storyline block that I've inserted into my Rise course but there is too much spacing between the Storyline block and the other Rise blocks currently in the course. Is there a way to adjust the spacing within Rise? I've created a custom Storyline file where there is very little space vertically.

• Hi Daniel, You can adjust the block's padding (the space above & below the block) by selecting the Format button. You might also need to do that for the blocks above and below the Storyline one. If that doesn't help or you have any questions, please let us know. 

• Hello! I have adjusted the blocks padding on the Storyline module to 0 on the top and bottom. The padding on the blocks above and below the Storyline module have been reduced to 10. It still has this very large amount of white space above and below the Storyline module, which seems to be from that block - not the ones above and below.

Is there any other way to reduce the padding in the Storyline block?

GingerSwart
      Staff

Hi Daniel, So I do often reduce the padding for the blocks above and below the Storyline one too. Another thing I recommend doing is making sure that there's not much white space around your slide itself in Storyline. I generally bring my content right to the edges of the slide when I'm creating something for Rise because there will be some spacing once I insert it. I did see that you mentioned that there wasn't much space vertically already though. Could you share some screenshots of what it looks like in Rise now and your slide in Storyline? 

• Hi, 

I have the same issue and I think this should be solved by the development team. I've attached a screenshot to show the space sorrounding the Storyline object even if the padding is set to 0.
    It is a discouraging to say the least ☹️ LOL

• Hi ErnestoElorza-9!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback! Thank you for sharing the screenshot!

I can confirm we have this behavior logged as a bug within Rise 360. This bug causes Storyline Block Padding to still show even if padding has been set to zero. I've linked this discussion to the bug report so we can notify you as soon as a fix is in place.

Thank you for your patience. Sorry if this has been slowing you down!