Forum Discussion

DanielleSwing
Community Member
3 months ago

Blurry images in Storyline

Hello!

I have read through many discussions on this topic and have yet to been able to solve my issue. I am trying to add a screenshot to my story, but no matter how I add it, it comes out blurry. I have tried pasting, inserting as a picture (in .png, .jpeg, .bmp, etc...), using the screenshot functionality-- all with no luck. I have resized the photo to the exact size of the slide, which helps a bit, but the image is still not clear enough to be professional/presentable. I may have missed something, but I have read through many old posts without any solution. Is there something else I can try?

Thank you!

• I have resized the photo to the exact size of the slide

this is true for the classic player (without autoscaling)

it is not possible for the modern player (with autoscaling)* to show really sharp images, e.g. line drawings

* this is the reason why the modern player does not work for all courses

• This was a known issue on Storyline for many years, but not something I've experienced recently.

Just to be sure though, have you clicked on:
    Publish > Quality (custom optimization) > JPG Quality: 100% > OK > Save the project.

• Hello Danielle, 

On top of testing Alan's suggestion, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can also test the images? We'll delete it when we're done testing! Please include the resolution of your monitor so we can test it as accurately as possible.