Forum Discussion

CarolSipe-7f018
Community Member
3 years ago

Bullet points in Bullet List Block

My team is using the Bullet List block in RISE, and we use a standard formatting.

Is there a way to reduce the spacing between the BP and the start of the text?  it's pretty significant spacing in RISE, and we would prefer it to be a little tighter.

• More like this

Thank you

• Thanks for asking this Carol. I find the spacing to dramatic for bullets as well.

• Hi Carol! Sorry there isn't a way to reduce spacing between the bullet points and the text. Thanks for letting us know that you need this option in Rise. If we make any changes, we'll update this thread. 

MidyneSpear
    Community Member

I'm new to Rise and this caught my eye right away. Would also like to be able to control the space between the bullet & text, or perhaps you guys can tighten the default space?

NeilDivall
    Community Member

As well as the spacing you cannot indent the Bulleted List block either

• Thanks for sharing your feedback and requests on paragraph and bullet spacing. We'll share this with our team and update this post as soon as we have updates that can help!

• One work around that I found today is to use ASCII Text shortcuts to customize your bullets. So you can create a colored bullet as a text item and customize spacing. In Mac this is option 8 to create a bullet glyph. You can then bold, resize, recolor, and customize as needed.

KarlMuller
      Community Member

The Numbered List block now offers some control of spacing, e.g. three choices for the distance between the bullet and the text. There are also three choices for content width. 

• Instead of adding the new feature to adjust the bullet indent, I would rather they had just adjusted the default to be small, it would have saved me hours of work reformatting my lists one by one!

Does anyone actually use the medium of large indents? Why was it decided to be so large in the first place?