Forum Discussion

cynthiaLyons
Community Member
6 days ago

Button doesn't show associated layer

I  have a slide with 2 buttons on the base layer.

• Button 1 labeled Between 3 and 4-1/2 Hours is supposed to show layer called 3-4-1/2 Hrs. (This button works as designed.)
  • Button 2 labeled After 4 hours is supposed to show layer called After 4 Hours. (This button does not work as designed.)

When the user clicks Between 3 and 4-1/2 Hours button and is taken to the 3-4-1/2 Hrs layer the After 4 hours button displays. However, the After 4 hours button doesn't work. The cursor doesn't turn into a hand, and clicking on the button on this layer does nothing.

However, if I click After 4 hours button first the Between 3 and 4-1/2 Hours button displays.

Both buttons have the same triggers, so I don't know why the After 4 hours button doesn't work from the 3-4-1/2 Hrs layer.

JesseWu
    Community Member

Slide layer - 3-4-1/2 Hrs (right click) - Properties - [Uncheck] Prevent user from clicking on the other layers

This difference from your layers caused your situation. 

• Jesse's answer is correct. The Slide Layer Properties on the "Between 3 and 4-1/2 Hours" layer are set to prevent clicking other layers, which includes the base. Deselect that option, and it will work.

You can see an image of Slide Layer Properties in the answer I gave here when you asked this question 4 days ago: Button won't display specified layer | Articulate - Community 

cynthiaLyons
      Community Member

I am so sorry, Judy for asking this again. I didn't see the notification of your reply and therefore, missed it. I will be more cognizant of checking replies to my posts.