Forum Discussion

FarahAzadeh-866
Community Member
12 days ago

Can I retrieve the .story file from the zip folder so I can edit the e-learning?

The original file for a project seems to have disappeared. However, I do have the zip folder. Does anyone know if I can retrieve the .story file from the zip folder so I can edit the e-learning?

• Sometimes a .story file inadvertently has its extension changed to .zip. If that's the case, then you could change the extension back to .story and be able to edit it. But that's a big if.

You can't get the .story file from a ZIP that contains the published course, because the .story file isn't included in the published content. 

• You could get the course's media files from the content, which would help you recreate the course.
  • Sometimes a .story file inadvertently has its extension changed to .zip. If that's the case, then you could change the extension back to .story and be able to edit it. But that's a big if.

You can't get the .story file from a ZIP that contains the published course, because the .story file isn't included in the published content. 

• You could get the course's media files from the content, which would help you recreate the course.