Forum Discussion

HeatherVogt-d32
Community Member
10 months ago

Confusing Language on Hide Cover Page in Rise Settings

Hello!

This is probably obvious to everyone but me, but do I turn this ON to hide the cover page?

Or do I turn this OFF to unhide (show) the cover page? 

Or should I only look at the text in italics and think of this as ON/OFF for the cover page?

Thanks!

• Hi Heather! I'm sorry to hear that this toggle feature might be confusing for you.

So if you want to hide the cover page, you'll need to toggle this option to "ON" before publishing your course. Leave it "OFF" if you do want to show the cover page.

I hope I was able to clarify it for you.

HeatherVogt-d32
      Community Member

Thanks for clarifying; however, the UX is less than desirable: I toggle it "ON" to turn off the cover page and toggle it "OFF" to turn on the cover page. There has to be a way to clean up that language so ON is on and OFF is off, right?

Thanks for replying! Happy Holidays!

• Hi Heather, 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us. I'll share your voice about this with our team.

If any other questions or discoveries come up in the future, please feel free to reach out in the community!  

Hope you have a wonderful holiday season as well! 🎉

• This got me too. The language here should be clear. I just published a course without a cover page and I wanted the cover page. LOL So I need to turn "off" this function to keep the cover page on.

HeatherVogt-d32
      Community Member

Right? It seems needlessly complicated; the directions contradict each other. The only text should be "Cover page on/off" with a toggle for on/off. 

Thanks for showing me I'm not the only one confused by this.  

• Super confusing. Thanks for asking for us! I had it backwards too. Let's have the UX writing match the desired state, please.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Anita,

Thanks for sharing that you'd also like to see changes in the UX language for the Hide Cover Page settings in Rise 360. I've informed our product team of your request, and we'll update this post once this enhancement is applied.