Forum Discussion

DanFelice-907ab
Community Member
2 years ago

Enable next button after SOME layers are visited.

I have five layers and my client wants the Next button to become active after only two of the layers are visited (the user can visit as many layers as they want, but they must visit at least two of them).  What does this trigger(s) look like?

• Trigger: change the state of next button to disabled when timeline of slide starts
    • Create a number variable to count clicks
    • Trigger on each layer: add +1 to number variable when timeline of layer starts
    • Trigger: change the state of the next button to normal when var = 2

Something to that effect

• Tom is right, of course, but I prefer step 3 to be set at the end, rather than the beginning. That prevents the learner from opening the layer, closing it without doing whatever it requires, and still getting credit. Attach that trigger to whatever action hides the layer or returns to the base.

• Thank you Tom and Walt for taking the time to answer my question.

Walt, I like the way you think, but the layers are simply read and "X" out.

Tom, I attached a graphic where I display all the triggers I created based on your instructions, yet I still have two questions:

• Tom, It worked like a charm!  Thank you so much for taking the time to create a .story file and a tutorial - those really helped a lot.  I never would have thought to trigger each click.  Variables are still a hurdle for me - I have yet to break through. :)

• Glad to hear that Tom's tutorial and project file were helpful, Dan! 🎉 

In case you haven't come across this yet, I'd love to pass along one of our On-Demand Webinars that helps users get comfortable with variables! Hope that it helps you break the ice trying this feature out! 

Here's the webinar link below:

Getting Started with Variables in Storyline 360

If any other questions come up please feel free to reach out in this thread or in the E-Learning Heroes Community! We're happy to assist! 

Have a great day and happy developing! :)