Forum Discussion

AngelaSpurgin-f
Community Member
2 years ago

"Go back to previous question" setting in Rise

Hello! I'm unable to find the Rise setting that will allow the user to go back to a previous question on a quiz. Thank you in advance for your help.

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Angela,

There is no setting in Rise that will allow the user to go back to a previous question in a quiz built in Rise .

KamilMarshall
    Community Member

However, there might be alternative approaches or workarounds you can consider implementing within the limitations of the Rise platform. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Add a Review Quiz: Instead of allowing users to go back to previous questions, you can include a review quiz at the end of the assessment. This way, users can revisit their answers and check if they want to make any changes before submitting the final responses.

2. Use Blocks: Rise allows you to create custom blocks using different content types. You can leverage this functionality to create a custom navigation block or a menu that enables users to jump between different quiz questions. This would require some manual setup and navigation logic within the blocks.

3. Consider Articulate Storyline: If you require more advanced quiz features, such as the ability to go back to previous questions, branching, or complex interactions, you might want to consider using Articulate Storyline. Storyline provides a broader range of capabilities and customization options compared to Rise.

Remember that Rise is constantly evolving, and there might be new updates and features added since my knowledge cutoff in September 2021. I would recommend checking the official Articulate Rise documentation or reaching out to their support team for the most up-to-date information on the available features and options.