Forum Discussion

JordanGlaski
Community Member
10 months ago

How do we prevent Hotspots on FreeForm Question slides from being part of the Focus Order?

On a Freeform Hotspot Question I've removed the Correct Hotspot from the Focus Order but in Preview Mode I'm still able to tab to the Hotspot.  How can this be prevented so that the learner won't be so easily clued in to the Correct Hotspot?  I suppose I could build multiple incorrect Hotspot "distractors" that would in turn be part of the Focus Order as well, but is there a better solution?  Thank you.

• Hello Jordan!

In Storyline 360 (Build 3.85.31840.0), we fixed a bug that you were running into:

• Fixed: Hotspots were revealed to keyboard and screen reader users even when they had been removed from the focus order

From here, all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team in a support case. 

• Hi Jordan,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. 

We are currently tracking a bug which causes hotspots to remain detectable by tabbing even if they are removed from the Focus Order if a trigger is attached. One workaround is to use a transparent shape instead of a hotspot if you're using hotspots to cover images or sections of your slides. 

I've added this ELH post to the bug report so we can notify you as soon as a fix is released. We apologize for any inconvenience this bug may have caused, and we'll leave a message here when we have any new updates to share. 

• Hello Jordan!

In Storyline 360 (Build 3.85.31840.0), we fixed a bug that you were running into:

• Fixed: Hotspots were revealed to keyboard and screen reader users even when they had been removed from the focus order

From here, all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team in a support case. 

JordanGlaski
      Community Member

Thank you, Lauren, for the fix and for the update to this post!  Looks great!

• Ok thanks, so until the bug is resolved I could essentially change the Freeform Hotspot into a Freeform Pick One.  That may just work for my purposes, except in order to keep the Quiz challenging I'd need to build distractors as part of the Pick One... as you suggested, transparent shapes over the images, or perhaps the images themselves.  I appreciate your response and am rooting for a fix soon.  Thank you!