Forum Discussion

AlastairMacgreg
Community Member
10 years ago

Image compression

Hello,

Having major issues with image compression on images within my presentation. I have set the image quality to full within the publish settings but the compression is still way to high.

Is there any settings I am missing, import or export otherwise that could improve this?

• I'll see if editing the player works but otherwise it is definitely an accepted file type (JPG) although I tried high resolution PNG, JPG, and even EMF. All blurred. Despite being crystal clear everywhere else. Will let you know. Also submitting a case.

MaraAlejandraLe
      Community Member

It is happening to me only with the modern player, with the classic player + optimal size option the images are better seen.

BeccaLevan
        Community Member

Hello QA, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

With your permission, I'd love it if we could take a look at your project file (even just a single slide with your image) to investigate what's happening. 

I've opened a case on your behalf, and you should've received an email including an upload link. Feel free to send your file, and someone will reach out shortly after!

MidiPrefix
      Community Member
      Emily Burnett

Hello Alistair,

You want to make sure that you are using the image quality settings as described in this article.

That's pretty un-helpful, they actually stated they had done that already.

The fact is, having full control over compression of image files is not (yet!) a feature of Storyline. I have submitted a feature request, as I suggest everyone who owns the program does.

• Having great difficulty with Storyline compressing a file no matter what we do - or how we upload. what's the go? Was this issue on compression ever fixed? Or is it still an issue in Storyline?

BeccaLevan
      Community Member

Thanks for reaching out, Connie! I'm sorry to hear you're hitting this roadblock.

I’d love it if you could share more about what compression methods you’ve tried and what issue you see with your image, so I can help point you in the right direction.

In the meantime, here's info on the quality settings in Storyline's Publish window that allows you to set the compression rates:

✏️ Note: Image compression only applies to JPG files.

If I'm missing the mark here, let me know, and I'm happy to continue working on this with you!

• I'd be happy to take a look, Connie. I do not see a support case for you at this time, so if you have a case number, I'll take another peek. 

If you have not submitted it yet, you can send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.