Forum Discussion

PatriciaNunes-d
Community Member
2 months ago

Matching Dropdown in Storyline - navigating interaction with keyboard (accessibility)

Hello there, 

I've built a dropdown interaction for a quiz in Storyline 360 and I'm trying to customise it to be accessible, so that users can navigate it with a keyboard if they need to.

It's proving to be quite a challenge so far, as I'm unable to select each individual dropdown on the trigger panel to make it accessible for a keyboard. When I created a multiple choice question, it was quite simple to add a trigger to do this (see screenshot attached).

Any help with building an accessible dropdown interaction would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• I believe and Articulate would have to confirm that this the matching dropdown is fully accessible you just need to place the Matching dropdown in the correct place, then Articulate sort the rest on publish. This is for the drop downs questions the drag and drops are not accessible.

• Hi Phil, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I was playing around with the focus order and think I've fixed it.

My main problem was that I wanted the user to be able to use the Enter key to select an option instead of the space bar - this was happening as a default on multiple choice questions and I could fix it with a trigger. However, from what I can see after fixing the focus order on the dropdown, this interaction has the enter key as a default to select the option you want, which is great.