Forum Discussion

MikeAngus
Community Member
25 days ago

Missing Slides after publishing to Review 360

I just published a Storyline Project to review 360 to have some stakeholders review the work to date, and there are now a few slides missing from my project. This is very troublesome as I'm working on a deadline and will now not be able to meet this. Is there any way to retrieve what I've lost? I put a lot of work into the missing slides and was diligent about saving often so I wouldn't lose work. 

• Hi Jose,

Yes, I did have it set to publish the entire settings. After updating the project with the lost materials, I published again to Review 360 (after making a backup version of the files this time). No content seems to have been lost this time, so I don't think I'll bother sending the files for you to test. If this occurs again, I will follow up on this ticket and send in the files at that time. 

Thanks,

• Hello Mike,

Sorry to hear about the missing Storyline slides. We can start by checking if you're working on your local drive. Working on a network drive can cause erratic behavior due to network latency.

If you or your colleague were working on the project fairly recently, there may be a way to recover an earlier version of the course with the missing slides in the computer's temporary folder. Here's how to check:

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline
    2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.
    3. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.
    4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline. 
    5. If the missing slides are not there, try the other file versions to find something that has the missing slides.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions. If you want more targeted help, you can also connect with us privately in a support case.

CynthiaLewis-47
      Community Member

Thank you for these instructions! I published a course that had nothing (all three slides missing) but was able to successfully recover it :) Now the team is reviewing it.

MikeAngus
      Community Member

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. I have been working and saving my work to a local drive. I tried your suggestion, but there were no project files in the folder you suggested looking in. Assume that I should re-build the missing slides now as it seems that recovering them won't be possible. 

I did notice another historical ticket on this support site with someone else who had a similar experience when publishing to Review 360. Is there anything I can do to avoid a similar situation in the future? Are there certain slide attributes that may be causing slides to go missing when publishing to Review 360? As much as possible, I'd like to avoid such a situation again as this will cause me a few hours of rework. 

JoseTansengco
        Staff

Hi Mike,

You may have already checked this but I just wanted to be sure. Can I ask if you have the publish settings set to "Entire Project" when publishing your course to Review 360?

Sometimes people leave this setting to publish specific scenes or slides in a project, resulting in an incomplete published output in Review 360. If you have this setting set to the one in the screenshot, please share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can try to replicate the behavior. We'll delete it when we're done testing!

MikeAngus
    Community Member

Hi Jose,

Yes, I did have it set to publish the entire settings. After updating the project with the lost materials, I published again to Review 360 (after making a backup version of the files this time). No content seems to have been lost this time, so I don't think I'll bother sending the files for you to test. If this occurs again, I will follow up on this ticket and send in the files at that time. 

Thanks,