Forum Discussion

BenjaminVanVlee
Community Member
6 months ago

Moved to New LMS: Course Completion Is Not Working As Expected

Greetings,

We have moved to a new LMS (from Auzmor to Acadis) and are using the same Rise SCORM packages. Users in our new system are experiencing a situation where they complete the Rise Course, usually concluding in a knowledge check. However, they seem to get timed out in the LMS and when they return to the Rise course, they have to start over. I have the courses set to not reset progress (as indicated in the attachments). I also have attached the weird log from the LMS showing they timed out in the year 1900. My question is, a)have I done something wrong? b) Is my SCORM possibly damaged (although SCORM Cloud said it was fine) c) Is there something wrong with the LMS, not communicating completion? (which I know is hard for any one outside the LMS company to know). What can I tell users - they are upset about losing progress. 

Thank you,

Benjamin VanVleet, State of Iowa Law Enforcement Academy

• Here is how I visually interpret the situation...please see attachment. 

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry, you're hitting this snag. This is strange, especially since the log's Exit time shows 1900. Great work on the visualization! I think you're correct that the issue has to do with the timing out. Have you checked whether the system time of your test machine is correct? It's possible that the "launch time" was taken from the LMS server, which has a different time.

You mentioned that SCORM Cloud says that the SCORM file is healthy. But when you test the course uploaded in SCORM Cloud, does the course complete as expected? Do the logs register the correct time when using the same machine from your tests in Acadis? Here's how to enable debug mode in Rise 360 so you can look at the debug logs in your SCORM Cloud tests.

Also, since the problem involves a possible network issue, can you reach out to your IT team and confirm whether the domains listed here are accessible on port 443?

Looking forward to your response.

• Mr. Santos,

Thank you for your response/guidance. I had never ran a debug before, I followed the link and was able to run the course and did not see the 1/1/1900 time stamp. What confounds me, is this problem never happened in our old LMS.

Furthermore:

a) We have people taking this course throughout different systems, machines, etc. so I can not say with any certainty if the time of the test machine is incorrect, or if the domain(s) is not being allowed.

b) At this point, I believe the LMS has an error reporting back from the launched window (our SCORM/Rise) activity. I cannot seem to find an error with Rise. 

c) I am at a loss with users and what guidance to give them. They are very frustrated about having completed the course and the LMS not registering it. 

Thank you for the help - I think I am venting at this point :).