Forum Discussion

WilliamRyan-dba
Community Member
4 months ago

New markers

I was really happy to see that with the latest software update, the markers have been updated so that they can be resized. I have been using some "custom" markers that in fact, have 3 elements to them (circle without fill, speech bubble and a transparent square over the circle to use as a button) , 2 animations (wheel) and at least 3 triggers to get the swirl effect (circle shape with initial state set to hidden, then normal when entering slide, hidden again when entrance animation ends, and visible again when exit animation ends). 

I tried the marker recently and was a little disappointed that the swirl effect either isn't working or is too subtle for me to see. 

• Hello everyone, 🎉

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.90.32850.0, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed is:

• The pulse animation of a marker didn’t display correctly

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

DavidSteele1
      Community Member

This may be related to the new issue (June 18th update) with resized markers where the pulse animation remains small. I think the animation isn't resizing properly when the markers are resized.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi William, 

I wanted to share an update we've identified in Storyline 360 Update 89 where the pulse animation does not follow the size of the marker. Can I ask if you've used the pulse animation in any of your markers? If so, the identified workaround is to downgrade to Update 88

If you're experiencing a different behavior, please open a case with our support team here so we can test your project file. 

• I am giving this another try, and with my current project it seems to be working OK. I find the swirl effect to be quite fast though. It would be nice to be able to adjust the animation speed (pulse and swirl) ... 

• Hello everyone, 🎉

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.90.32850.0, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed is:

• The pulse animation of a marker didn’t display correctly

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help.