Forum Discussion

raymondseguin
Community Member
29 days ago

NVDA and Rise Video Player

Hello, anyone else have this issue: 

We have multiple videos in our course (using Multimedia/Video block. Not embed). When testing for accessibility using NVDA 2024.3, it reads the "Volume Level" button repeatedly.  This is causing us to fail accessibility criteria. Has anyone experienced this issue as well? Does anyone have a solution? It is not the project since we have tested on a few and the behaviour is the same. Note: embed YouTube videos don't seem to have this issue.  Thanks in advance for any input/ideas!

• Hi everyone! 
    Thanks for reaching out regarding this issue. I'm happy to share that we have released a fix for NVDA announcing the volume level while a video is playing within Rise 360. If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case

Have a great afternoon!

• Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm having the same issue in a course my team is developing and we can't figure out how to resolve it. 

raymondseguin
      Community Member

Articulate has noted this as a bug but we have yet to hear back from them (nor can they provide a timeline). A solution is to create a project in SL365, layout your page and video, export block and bring it back into Rise. Skipping a few steps but that's it basically. The Reader issue seems to be with the Rise video player, not SL. Inviting others more proficient than I to jump in!

LucianaPiazza
      Staff

Hi Lyndsay, 

Great call opening a case with my colleague Ian! You're in excellent hands.

We'll continue the conversation over in your case. 

Have a great afternoon! 

• Hi raymond, 

Just wanted to pop in!

If you're not receiving emails, please let us know! We want to ensure you are receiving emails for your support case. 

Have a great afternoon!

raymondseguin
    Community Member

Thanks Jose,

Silly question: where is the "there" where Mick is working with me to troubleshoot the behaviour?

KarlMuller
      Community Member

There refers to the emails between Tech Support and yourself.