Forum Discussion

SandyDeschuyten
Community Member
3 days ago

Pick Many fixed and variable correct answers

I created a Pick Many exercise in Storyline.

The learner needs to click on which wires are needed to connect a 230 Volt coffee machine. The correct answer is wire 1, wire 3, and one of the other 3 wires.

Currently, I am unable to meet this last condition. Only one of the other 3 wires should be selected, not more.

Can someone help me with this?

• As you've discovered, graded questions require the user to select the specific answer(s). They don't allow for "any one of these" options. 

You could get what you want using a disguised pick-one question. Put those buttons (one for correct, one for incorrect) off the slide. When the user submits their answer, use a trigger that changes the appropriate button to Selected, with conditions to check whether they selected a correct set of wires. 

This post is about providing partial credit for multiple-response questions, so it's not directly related. However, its demo file might be helpful for understanding what I mean by using a disguised question slide: TIP: Give Partial Credit on Multiple Response Questions | Articulate - Community