Forum Discussion

ZeinOosthuiz068
Community Member
2 months ago

Publish Storyline to Video

Hi All,
Ive imported a 5 min video to Storyline 360. Then I added some zooms and "frames" around certain parts of the content displayed in the video.
I then published this single slide (which hosts the video). 
The publishing process has taken just over 30 mins. Is this normal? What is the expected duration to publish to video. Do you guys have a rough calculation?

ThomasGora
    Community Member

I am experiencing similar slow publishing speeds to video. And I believe I reported this once before years ago. But I just published a 10 minute SL 360 course and it took 30 minutes to publish to video. 

If I were to publish or create a 10 minute video using Camtasia it would only take a minute or two at most. So I do not think it's my computer. 

The slowest phase of the SL publishing seems to be the encoding to video phase. 

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi ThomasGora,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with slow publishing time. This isn't expected behavior, so I'd like to dig a bit deeper to see what's going on. Is this happening with multiple courses or just one? If you're willing to share your .Story file with our team, it would help to troubleshoot further. You can upload that here or privately in a support case and we'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.

• Hi Zien, 

Great call opening a support case. I see that you're working with our colleague Lianne. You're in excellent hands! 

We'll continue the conversation over in your case. 

Have a great start to your day! 

• Hello Zein,

Thanks for reaching out!

Publishing duration typically depends on the available resources of your computer and the output quality you selected in the publishing settings. The lower the audio and video quality, the faster it should take for the video to finish publishing. 

I'll be happy to test your project file to compare how long it would take your course to publish on my machine. I can share the specifications of my computer afterward so you can have a benchmark of how long the process takes in different environments. 

Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case for testing? We'll delete it when we're done!