Forum Discussion

ChristinePad908
Community Member
4 hours ago

Publishing Rise modules for the web

We publish Rise modules for the web and host those on a network server to grab the URL and post on SharePoint. I have a team of 6 instructional designers, and for all of us, publishing these modules can take 1 1/2 hours or more. Is this expected behavior? If not, what can we do to shorten the publishing time?

• Hi ChristinePad908!

Sorry to hear slow publishing times have been affecting you and your team!

Publishing times can vary based on the size of the course, but shouldn't take as long as you've reported. I have some clarifying questions to help me understand your experience a little better:

It'd be helpful to see a copy of a Rise course that's giving you trouble. Do you mind sharing that here in the discussion or privately through a support case?

ChristinePad908
      Community Member

Hi Steven! Thank you for the quick response. The largest asset (a gif) in one of the Rise modules that took 1.5 hours to publish is 254 KB. The index file is 5 KB. I'd prefer sharing the file privately through a support case, so I can submit one now. Thanks again!

StevenBenassi
        Staff

Hi ChristinePad908!

You're welcome. Thanks for following up!

It's good to know your media assets are a reasonable size, so it's possible something else might be getting in the way. I see your support case has been received by my colleague, Woojin. You're in excellent hands troubleshooting with him and we can continue the conversation there.