Forum Discussion

DanielOquendo
Community Member
2 months ago

Retry not working

I have created a course that has users select options from Question slides, then submit them using a submit button on the result slide. I can see the responses they selected in my LMS reporting, publishing to SCORM 2004, 3rd edition. The issue is that multiple responses are being documented when users select the "Retry" button I installed in the Storyline 360 program. This allows for corrections before submitting, but now I have multiple entries. I have all slides set to "Reset to Initial State" when revisiting and have the stock Retry triggers the built in button came with. 

How can I make it to where the Retry button on the results slide actually resets the responses and I only see the final choices selected in my LMS report?

• Hi Daniel, 

Happy to help!

You can correct this behavior by triggering the 'Submit results' event only when your learners have received their final results. One way to do this is to move the "submit results" triggers to the correct layer from the base layer. 

This will cause it to fire only when your learners have received a passing score. If they are redirected to the "Failure" layer, they'll then be allowed to retry the quiz with no results being submitted to the LMS. 

Feel free to share a copy of your file here if you need help making the necessary adjustments!