Forum Discussion

LindsayLaCar004
Community Member
3 months ago

Rise SCORM: 2 submissions into LMS

Hello,

I have a scorm file (1.2) from a Rise course that is sending an "Incomplete" to the LMS after the 4th lesson, and then a "Complete" to the LMS when the user reaches the end of the course. Why would this be? There is nothing on the 4th lesson that is any different from any other page, has a standard continue button. Please advise.

• Hi Lindsay,

There are different options for communicating "Complete" to the LMS. Whichever option the learner completes first will trigger a "Complete" status.

If things are not getting reported as "Complete" when you want, then maybe one of your Tracking Options is not set right. You can see them by going to Publish (making sure it is set to LMS)>Reporting and Tracking Options.

You can read more about this here: Storyline 360: Here's When a Course Communicates Completion to an LMS - Articulate Support

• Sorry, forgot you were using Rise, not Storyline. You will find the options in Publish>LMS>Tracking.

LindsayLaCar004
      Community Member

Yes, I have complete/incomplete but it still sending 2 submissions to our LMS. Why would it send an incomplete submission midcourse? There are no prompts to do that and I didn't even think that was possible in Rise courses to send multiple lms submissions.

• Hi, I see you sent a storyline article, will this work for RISE course as well? It is a rise course with this issue in success factors.

• I understand that the Reporting option is set to Complete/Incomplete.

What I am asking about is what is the Tracking option set to. This is the section above the Reporting section in Rise. :) 

KellyAuner
        Staff

Hi Lindsay,

Sorry to hear you've hit this snag!

I'd like to connect you with one of our Support Engineers so we can take a closer look at what's going on. You can submit a support case here.

KarlMuller
    Community Member

This came up a few years ago, and as I recall, Rise sends student data at the end of every Lesson, and when the course completion criteria have been met.

• Karl,

If that is the case, perhaps that explains what is going on.

Good to know.

Thank you.

• The course sent data 1/2 way thru that set to incomplete- then sent again at the end as complete. SAP is registering 2 sets of data received for the course. That is not ideal.

KarlMuller
    Community Member

I forgot one: Rise also sends student data to the LMS when the course is exited.