Forum Discussion

HimanshuShar599
Community Member
2 days ago

Selected question retained while re-launching the quiz (Question Bank)

Hi Team,

We have built a quiz with the following criteria:

• Randomization has been applied.

Issue:
When we attempt a question, click the submit button, and then exit the course, the same last visited question appears every time upon re-launching the quiz. Ideally, different questions should appear since randomization is applied. 

Attached is the video for your reference.

Please advise if this is the default behavior or if it can be fixed.

• Hello HimanshuShar599

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you're having difficulty Randomizing Quiz Questions in Storyline 360. Happy to help! 

It sounds like the learners are experiencing the same question when revisiting their course, not restarting the quiz. Is that correct?

•  Here's a quick Peek of the settings I've included to have the questions randomize within a Question Bank. 

I'm also curious to know the settings you have for your Resume properties. Feel free to share a screenshot in this thread!

• To check this go to the HOME tab, select Player Properties, and then the Other gear icon. Then you'll see a section for resume options upon restart.

You mentioned attaching a video, but I do not see the video included in your post. No worries! Please feel free to upload the video to this thread using the paperclip icon, or you can share it privately with us in a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

KarlMuller
      Community Member

I have seen the same behavior. When you exit a Quiz without completing it, you will resume at the question you last viewed.

This happens because the randomization of questions only occurs at the start of a quiz, and if you complete a quiz and choose to retake it.