Forum Discussion

SophieKP
Community Member
4 hours ago

Toggle CC transcript bug after translation - storyline

Hello team, I have a very annoying bug in storyline. I've tried everything from javascript, toggle, checking variables etc but I don't have any solutions. I definitely need the team's help please😵.

Attached:

1) when I preview after selecting the variable Transcription in the toggle -  I have the error T203 RW text bug.

2) when I preview after selecting the variable Transcript in the toggle -  I have the sentence that is supposed to appear but in a repetition of the same into the whole rectangle.

Note: this course was made 5 years ago and the CC is not integrated in the player. It's added by toggle/triggers as youc an see attached.

How can I solve this, what am I missing? Thanks a lot!🧡

• Thanks a lot, I finally found out, it was indeed in the translation files then slide master/transcript layers where the bug was. Once the layers in the slide masters were cleaned it worked perfectlty with the translated text. 

• It looks looks to me like your translators did something to the variable reference. Everything you are showing is custom built so ideally you would post a slide. I think because it is French your translators have added a space and removed the last % but hard to tell without see in the file and a the variable values.

SophieKP
    Community Member

Thanks a lot, I finally found out, it was indeed in the translation files then slide master/transcript layers where the bug was. Once the layers in the slide masters were cleaned it worked perfectlty with the translated text.