Forum Discussion

FredrikDahlin
Community Member
6 years ago

Transparent images are NOT transparent in Quote blocks

Hi, transparent png:s are not transparent in the Quote blocks. 

See attached print screen. Do you guys have the same issue?

My images are made in Photoshop CC 2019, but I have tried with other images as well.

Regards
Fredrik

• Hi Everyone!

I'm happy to share that we released a new update for Rise 360!

This update fixes the issue you ran into where PNG images with transparent backgrounds are shown with a white background when inserted on a 'Quotation C' block type. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available!

Please let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!

• Hi Fredrik!

Thanks for including the screenshots. 

In my testing, only Quote C displayed a white background behind the transparent PNG while previewing the course. After publishing, the white background disappeared and the image displayed correctly.

Have you tried publishing the course and viewing the output on a web server or LMS?

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi there, Okland. We've got the Preview and Share URL behavior documented, and we'll let you know if it changes. Is viewing the web or LMS output working for you?

FredrikDahlin
    Community Member

It seems to work efter publishing :).

Hope you'll fix it while previewing, that would help a lot.

Thanks
    Fredrik

• Thanks for confirming, Fredrik. We'll keep you posted on the status of this issue!

RikardWestman
    Community Member

The transparency still doesn't show while previewing. Possible to fix?

Would really help a lot.

Thanks!

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi there, Rikard. I don't have an estimated time for a fix on this issue right now. We'll let you know if this changes in the preview. 

• This one keeps getting me too. Quote C is the only format with a large photo, but it looks crude with transparencies.

• Hi Everyone!

I'm happy to share that we released a new update for Rise 360!

This update fixes the issue you ran into where PNG images with transparent backgrounds are shown with a white background when inserted on a 'Quotation C' block type. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available!

Please let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!