Forum Discussion

sharip56
Community Member
22 hours ago

Using an MP4 to Build a Course - HELP!

I need technical suppport, please! I just resubscribed to Storyline 360, and am trying to build a course on a video. I've uploaded the video to Storyline, and have started building. After a few hours work in scene view, the video layer is no longer visable. You can see from the screen shot that the video is there - it is 230 mb - but the video is no longer rendering on the stage. I can see the elements that I've added on top of the video; all components are visible in the timeline.  My connectivity is good, I've rebooted my Windows 11 PC and the Storyline app several times. HELP PLEASE!

• Hello sharip56! Thank you for including a screenshot! It's helpful to know that this didn't happen immediately but after a few hours into creating the course. There are two steps I'd like you to try:

1. Check if you're saving both the Storyline project file and the mp4 on your local drive rather than a shared drive. If either is saved to a shared drive, it is possible that is causing the mp4 to disappear.
    2. We want to see if there is a corrupt item. To check this, I'd ask you to hide each item on the timeline except for the video to see if the video appears on the slide stage. If the video appears when a certain item is hidden, then I'd remove that item and replace it on the slide.

Please keep us updated on both of these steps! You can also share your .story file with us in this discussion or privately in a support case if you'd like us to test it on our end.

sharip56
      Community Member

Thank you so much, Lauren. I did connect with a Support Rep last evening and uploaded my file. I haven't heard back from him yet today, but when I logged into SL and resumed work today, I started over with a new project, and I don't see the glitch right now. Also, I learned how to use the timeline viewer toggle to assist in the view of the text box elements. Making progress! 

peachpeach
    Community Member

Does it show when you preview? Is the video in a master slide or placed directly on the slide? I see the timeline visualization button is on (CTRL+H), is the video checked to show until the end?