Forum Discussion

DavidEllenwood
Community Member
15 days ago

Consulting Opportunity

Hi, Everyone! I hope it is OK to publish this here . . . Several years ago I worked with a consultant to develop a WebObject that used JS to control the behavior of videos that are streamed from Vimeo. The JS allowed us to do things like turn off fast-fowarding,  track when the video started and stopped, and select the video to be streamed using variables. It worked very well and allowed us to seamlessly incorporate videos that had been translated into 15 different languages. Now, after several years, the code is getting glitchy. I need some help editing/re-programming the WebObject. Please let me know if this is something that any of you folks can help with. Feel free to reply here or send an email to dellenwood@s2learning.com for details. THANK YOU so MUCH! - Dave Ellenwood

• Hi, Chris! Thanks so much for this. I'll take a look at the video and will be happy to share the project files. Let me get organized, and will post again . . .

ChrisHodgson
    Community Member

Vimeo provide a player SDK for embedded videos to execute custom functions including everything you have described, similar to the API provided by YouTube, which I recorded a video for demonstrating how to make work in Storyline:

If you'd be willing to share one of your project files(?) I think we'd be interested to see how your developer approached the implementation with Vimeo.