Publishing from Storyline to Review makes videos blurry

Jan 21, 2021

Hi there,

Publishing Storyline files to Review 360 makes the videos (incorporated into the Storyline story) blurry.  The videos are perfect in Storyline, and when previewing.

This doesn't just happen when publishing to Review 360, it  happens for publishing for web and possibly LMS options (although I haven't tested LMS yet) - the difference with publishing to Web is a some smart cookie did a YouTube tutorial on how to fix this by exchanging the video file(s) in the web published folder, with the original and better quality mp4 files.  Brilliant.  Works a treat.

But how do I do this for the Review360 published modules?  How do I stop the videos uploading as the blurry, lower quality option?  Why cant it upload with the original and better quality mp4 video?  

3 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hello, Melissa. I'm happy to help!

First, we have these tips to preserve the quality of small and large videos: 

L                     S
    Large Videos                                                             Small Videos    

ExtraCheck out this complete guide to unlocking high-quality videos in Storyline 360 for more tips. ✨

If any of those tactics don't help, are you comfortable with sharing a video file with us? You can use this private upload link and we'll delete it from our machines after troubleshooting!

Becca Levan

Hi Vickie,

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing blurry videos after uploading to your LMS. Happy to clarify here!

• Large videos are when the video is too big to fit in your slide without scaling. In this case, consider re-encoding them at a lower resolution.
  • Small videos are when the video is too small to fit in your slide. You might be able to re-endcode them at a higher resolution before adding them to the course—if you have high-quality source videos.

If you don't see improvement after following the tips from Katie's post above and this guide, I'd recommend connecting with one of our support engineers here so they can lend a hand!