Adding "Continue" button to Rise Quiz

Oct 24, 2018

Hello.

I have a lesson that comes after a Quiz to wrap up the module and thank the student for participating.  However, there is no way to add a "Continue" button in a block for a quiz.

I do not want my students to be able to navigate freely using the sidebar, so I have that options set to "Closed."

Quizzes are considered "lessons" so why is there no option to add Block functionality?   This feature was just rolled out for all other lesson types just last week, so how did Quizzes miss the cut?

What are my options here?  I do see that others have asked the same question in the forums but I am on a tight delivery schedule and need to have this addressed ASAP.  I also see a workaround that someone offered using Storyline, but I do not want to go through that unless it is absolutely necessary.  

This feature should be in Rise.

Thank you.

Dave

181 Replies
Michael Bauer

It would be ideal to have the same Continue block. I know the Continue arrow exists at the bottom, but for many it is off the bottom of the screen, so people initially think "oh the quiz is done so this means I have finished the eLearning course" and then email us to tell us that it hasn't marked as complete in the LMS ... when on purporse the quiz isn't at the end.

Hopefully something can be done soon. A continue block? Move the current continue arrow up in line with the Take Again retry?

Jim Picton

Hello Articulate team :-)

Has there been any movement on this yet? It's been requested quite clearly for two years. The grey button at the bottom of the screen doesn't cut it, as it's been pointed out a few times, users don't notice the grey area...especially if they've been conditioned to look for a large blue 'Continue' button throughout the rest of the course. 

To be honest, it's insane that we can add a CONTINUE button on every other screen, but cannot do this for the Quiz Screen. The reason that we love your products e.g. Storyline and Rise is because they allow us to deliver intuitive, consistent and engaging UI-driven learning experiences. 

To be honest - and drawing back upon Lance's BMW analogy - outside of the area reserved for displaying the quiz results, why are we unable to treat the remainder of the screen as a standard content block and be able to *gasp* add a Continue button, or perhaps even provide a customised message, graphic etc to personalise the learning journey...

We can do this in Storyline and I'm pretty sure that Adobe Captivate and Lectora have this licked? This is a pretty simple request - I won't call it a feature request as it is expected functionality IMHO - so I can't see why this one has been fobbed off for so long. 

Show us why we pay you the big bucks Articulate! 

Cheers,
Jim

David Wolfe

It is unbelievable to me that two years after my initial request there has still been ZERO movement on a request that obviously has a great deal of support from the Articulate community.  What does it take to get things done, Articulate?

Do you have any idea how many nuisance trouble reports I have to deal with from students who think that they're "stuck" or that the training has "frozen" after completing a quiz because they have been conditioned to see and use a "Continue" button which suddenly disappears in the quiz?

PLEASE act on this now!

David Wolfe
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Minerva!

The screenshots below should help you. If you have the sidebar set to No Sidebar and the previous/next buttons turned off, you'll get a button to continue after the quiz (if there is more content following the quiz).

This is not intuitive enough for people who have been conditioned to see a larger, colorful "Continue" button in previous lessons.   Bad design that needs to be rectified, Articulate.

Brad Aleman

I'm glad this is getting traction again, as it really is such a pain point for our users. We've actively had discussions about the best way to design parts of our course around this limitation to make it clearer for them. We're actually making changes to how we design and build courses specifically to address a product flaw. I comment every time I see someone post something about this, and there's a lot of demand for it.

David Wolfe

Thanks Brad.  I had all but given up but whenever I see an influx of comments I jump back in to see what's going on.  It is baffling to me how Articulate continues to ignore this request.  They either don't understand the psychology behind it or simply don't care.  When students are conditioned to expect a certain function consistently and that function is suddenly taken away in an isolated instance, of course they're going to be confused.  What is is about the Quiz that cannot accept block functions, Articulate?  

David Wolfe

Alyssa,

Thank you for at least saying something, even it it's not good news.  Considering that this request has been out there for two years and it doesn't even appear on your roadmap does not give me much hope of a solution any time soon.  Can you PLEASE emphasize with your team how non-intuitive the current UI is in this regard and the problems it causes for users?  

Are there any other stages to your roadmap besides "planned" and "in development?"  I'm stunned that an issue which has generated significant attention could not be categorized as (at the very least) "Planned."  

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for your note, David. The two stages to our roadmap are "Planned" and "In Development". We strive to give you as much information as we possibly can about new features coming to Rise 360, while keeping in mind that the development and timing of roadmap features can shift. I appreciate you letting us know how important this feature is to your team, and I will be sure our Product team sees your message.

Anne Pead

I've just come across this problem and hence this thread as well! Sad to see it has been requested for over 2 years already! My client wants the sidebar open with the lesson count and navigation buttons off (as we use the continue block). I'd just like to add my voice to the group that this is a real sticking point and I really hope it makes it onto the roadmap soon. Just the ability to add a continue block. I know people have already put in this as a feature request - does it help if more people put in the same request?