Business Content Lessons/Big Ideas Club

Feb 16, 2022

Hello,

I am just looking for information on the Business Lesson templates and the Big Ideas courses. Are these fully "ours" I know it says we can edit them to our liking but do we need to credit the authors in anyway? For example, if I change content do I still need to say "the original course was authored by X?"

Just trying to see if we can do basically whatever we want with the content. 

6 Replies
Elizabeth Pawlicki

Hey Cody, great question. You can use/modify the business content or deploy them as-is to supplement your organization's training library. Just a few very important things to keep in mind when it comes to courses created with Content Library 360 assets, including real content templates. There's only one note on attribution and that relates to the Next Big Idea Club video content. Everything else you can use how you'd like, as long as they remain Rise 360 courses: 

• Courses based on or containing real content templates have to remain as Rise 360 courses.
  • Next Big Idea Club videos have to be presented in the special video blocks we've created for them, with the attribution and links intact.
  • Taking it one step further, presenting any of the real content videos or Content Library 360 assets outside of a Rise 360 course is a violation of our Terms of Service.

If anything above isn't clear or you'd like to discuss things further, start a support case and we'll help you sort it out!

Cody Messmore

No that makes perfect sense. I just wanted to be sure that we could utilize them. Our intent I would think would be to use them as is and maybe just adding in some of our org specific ideas. This is great information. Thanks for the quick response.

Cody Messmore
Learning & Development Systems Manager

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Daniel! Articulate's writers research content on publicly available sources. They use this research to create original content that can be presented without references. Our terms of service promise that our users can use and adapt all of our original content without having to worry about including sources or references.

Cody Messmore

Hello thank you so much for the clarification. We finally got back around to looking into these further. Just so I am clear, we are allowed to delete a video out of a "Real Content" courses as we see fit. The hang up we have found is that we would need to delete out some of the video content (staying in a RISE course still) so the SCORM package can fit within our LMS.

Cody Messmore
Learning & Development Systems Manager