Change font for individual words/phrases?

Mar 18, 2020

I'm new to Rise, and the content I'm working with is targeted at software developers. It's standard in this type of documentation to use a monospace font whenever referencing a literal word in computer code. For instance, in the phrase "You use the document object," the word "document" would appear in a monospace font, while the rest of the sentence would remain in a more readable variable-width font.

I haven't found a way to change the font of specific words/phrases in Rise. Is there a way to do this? And if not, is on the roadmap to roll out in the future?

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Sasha, thanks for your question! 

Right now, Rise 360 doesn't have a feature that will allow you to change the font of individual words or phrases. However, I saw a neat workaround from a community member that may work for you, especially if you're using a custom font throughout the course. 

1. Go to Settings > Customize Theme. 
  2. Click on Manage custom fonts.
  3. Click the pencil icon to edit the font you're using.
  4. Choose one of the font styles that you don't need, and delete it. For example, you may not need Italics in your course. Click the trash icon to delete that font style. 
  5. In the Italics space, replace the deleted font style with the WOFF file of the monospace font.
  6. Click Save.

Now, anytime you need to use the monospace font, simply highlight the text and click the Italics button.

What do you think? Would that work for your course?