Forum Discussion

KarenGraham-341
Community Member
2 months ago

LMS Course Export Exit Course Button

In the July 17 Rise update there was a change to the location of the exit course button for LMS exports.

"Enhanced: For LMS exports, the Exit Course button is now located on the left-hand side of the screen to accommodate the new quiz timer."

This was irritating since we ended up with half our courses with the exit button on one side and half on the other.

We proceeded to update all of our courses, completing new exports as well as updating our tutorial and images. Now that all of our courses have been updated we exported the courses this morning only to find the exit course button has moved again. This made it so that all of our recent updates are now useless and we have to re-do everything all over again. This includes translation, voiceover, and interactive images for 100 or so courses.

Not only that, but there is no information ANYWHERE about the return of the exit button to the right side of the page. Except for one discussion post reply.

I need to know if this button is going to move again before we begin re-doing all of the courses to restore the older exit button information. This will take a long time since there is no version control on Rise, and each course has to be updated one at a time, then reexported and uploaded to our LMS. There is also no mass export ability which will add to the time as well.

I need clarity so that I can properly prepare and not waste all our time once again.

• Hello Karen,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. I understand how frustrating it is to adjust your courses based on the changes we made to the platform, only to find that they were rolled back, and you must redo everything.

We apologize that the Rise 360 Version History did not reflect rolling back the change to the Exit Course button, causing the trouble you went into. We plan to adjust how we communicate these changes to our customers. We will do better to communicate changes that could impact your day-to-day early to allow for better scheduling and planning.

We intend to update the Exit button in the future. Although we have yet to determine when this work will be scheduled, we will communicate what changes to expect and an estimated timeline.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions.

KarenGraham-341
      Community Member

Thank you Eric, I appreciate you following up. Increased communications on updates and rollbacks would be very helpful. It will allow my team and I to better prepare for any changes.

EricSantos
        Staff

You're welcome, Karen! Thank you for the feedback.

Have a great week ahead.