Looking for new ideas on how to quickly build a Rise 360 course that looks great and includes custom interactivity? This innovative example showcases thoughtful ways to use block types to achieve a seamless, infographic-like look your learners will love.

Want to try building something similar but don’t have Articulate 360? Start a free 30-day trial.

37 Comments
Kiara Abdullah
Mr C

This is a great Rise360 example that I love. So, I had a play and found it was way easier than I thought. Here are my tips. Open PowerPoint (for us that do not have an Illustrator program). I created a solid colour filled a shape (with a straight/flat bottom) in PowerPoint. then added some graphics on top of the shape. I selected the entire graphic and then clicked Save as a Picture. In Rise 360 - I used an Image Full Width block and import my newly created picture. I then added the next block, Text/Statement (what-ever you want). I changed the background colour to the solid fill colour of the picture. I reduced the padding between the 2 blocks to 0 (Image block, Bottom padding 0 and Text block, Top padding 0). The Edit screen will show a white gap between but when you click... Expand

Mariellen Jacobs

Thanks so much for the feedback. I will give this a try. I DO have illustrator (and the whole Adobe Creative Suite) so you've inspired me to try this a couple of ways. Mariellen Jacobs ABI Family Peer Support Lead mariellen.jacobs@shepherd.org O: 404-603-5012 | M: 678-467-6392 FAX: 404-350-7689 [cid:image001.png@01D8DE30.3FB01350] ------------------------------------------ CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:This e-mail communication, including any attached files may contain material that is proprietary, privileged, confidential, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distr... Expand

Denton Loomis

Mr C is spot on! I went down the same path he did yesterday in trying to recreate the beautiful flow that SWA created. Though I have Adobe Creative Suite I wanted to see if I could recreate the smoothly curved sections of color like the one after the Herb Kelleher quote near the beginning. In PowerPoint: - Create a rectangle and an oval - Lay the oval on top of the rectangle and select both - Click the Shape Format menu - Click the Merge Shapes dropdown and select Fragment. PowerPoint will change your shapes to the color of the one on top but you can change that later. - You now have new shapes that were created by the fragment process. Click and delete the ones you don't need and you should be left with a nice curved shape. - Change the color if you need to and save it as a PNG.... Expand

Cameron Stewart

A group of us at work take modules like this and reverse engineer them to see what we can learn, borrow and gain inspiration from. A few takeaways we had include: – Be sure to turn off the block animations so that your image and blocks load at the same time – There is a size limit to how small the image can be and remain sharp. Interestingly, it has to be about 150 pixels high and no smaller, or it blurs. So adjusting the padding for each block will be necessary to keep things balanced. – You can create the curved images in just about any tool that exports as a .png. So yes to PPT and Keynote. If you right-click on the curved image in the example, you can open the image in a new tab and download it for easy tracing. We changed the design and used it on the tops and bottoms of blocks, w... Expand

Melanie Chin