Review 360 lets e-learning developers and stakeholders collaborate on projects and speed up content reviews. Gather feedback, follow threaded discussions, resolve comments, and track version history all in one easy-to-use web app. See below to learn more or download this quick-start guide.
- Get Started
- Understand Tasks and Permissions
- Read Comments
- Post Comments
- Edit Comments
- Delete Comments
- Resolve and Reopen Comments
- Export Comments to CSV and PDF Files
- Disable and Re-Enable Comments
- View Previous Versions of the Content
- Share Content
- Subscribe to the Content and Change Notification Settings
To review a Review 360 item, all you need is the link the content owner sent to you and one of these web browsers. If the owner secured the content with a password, you’ll be prompted to enter it when you open the review item.
You can review content without signing in to Review 360 if the owner allows it, but we recommend signing in with an Articulate ID for the best experience. For example, reviewers who sign in can see badges for unread comments and change their email notification settings. If you don’t have an Articulate ID, you can create a free account here. Then open the content in Review 360, click the blue Sign In button in the upper right corner, and enter your Articulate ID email address and password. (If you don’t sign in, you’ll be prompted to enter your email address when you post comments. Learn more.)
If the content you’re reviewing is a video, you can immediately watch the video. If the content is an interactive course, you can jump right into the course content. And you can use the sidebar to post feedback and participate in discussions along the way. Learn more about working with comments below.
Every reviewer can perform common tasks, such as adding and editing comments, but some tasks can only be performed by the content owner or reviewers who sign in with Articulate IDs. This table lists all review tasks and who has permissions to do them. See the sections that follow for details on each task.
Reviewer with Articulate ID
Reviewer Without Articulate ID
Read comments, collapse and expand the sidebar, jump to timestamps in videos, change the feedback sort order, and zoom screenshots. Learn more.
See badges for unread comments and mark all comments as read. Learn more.
Post comments, insert emojis, @mention other reviewers, and add attachments. Learn more.
Edit one’s own comments. Learn more.
Delete one’s own comments. Learn more.
Delete comments posted by any reviewer. Learn more.
Resolve comments, show/hide resolved comments, and reopen comments. Learn more.
Export comments to CSV and PDF files. Learn more.
Disable and re-enable comments. Learn more.
View previous versions of the content. Learn more.
Share the content. Learn more.
Subscribe to the content and change notification settings. Learn more.
All reviewers can read comments. And there are different ways to work with comments, depending on whether you’re using the review tab or the feedback tab.
The review tab is the default view for Review 360 items. It’s where you interact with course content and watch videos. And the sidebar lists comments for the content that’s currently displayed on the screen.
- For Storyline and Studio courses, comments are tied to specific slides, so the comments you see in the sidebar change as you move from one slide to another.
- For Rise 360 courses, comments are lesson-specific, so the comments in the sidebar change as you switch lessons.
- For video content, all comments display in the sidebar simultaneously, with the newest thread on top. To see a comment in context, click its hyperlinked timestamp to jump directly to that point in the video. Brilliant!
You can collapse and expand the comment sidebar by clicking the arrow in the upper right corner. Sometimes it’s helpful to collapse the sidebar so you have more space to view the content, especially on small screens.
Reviewers who sign in with an Articulate ID see helpful badges for unread comments. A blue dot appears next to individual unread comments in the sidebar, and a red badge with the total number of unread comments appears next to the feedback tab at the top of the screen. You can mark comments as read by clicking them, replying to them, or using the More (•••) icon in the top right corner of the screen to Mark All as Read.
The feedback tab lets you see all comments for a Review 360 item on one screen. Each thread has a screenshot so you can see exactly how the content looked when the first comment in the thread was posted. These screenshots help you see feedback in context so you know what changes need to be made. Click the screenshots to zoom in and out.
You can change how comments are sorted for Storyline, Studio, and Rise 360 courses. Click the sorting icon in the upper right corner to toggle between slide/lesson order and chronological order. (Video content always displays comments in chronological order, with the newest thread on top.)
Reviewers who sign in with an Articulate ID see helpful badges for unread comments. A blue dot appears next to individual unread comments, and a red badge with the total number of unread comments appears next to the feedback tab at the top of the screen. You can mark comments as read by clicking them, replying to them, or using the More (•••) icon in the top right corner of the screen to Mark All as Read.
All reviewers can add comments, emojis, @mentions, and attachments. The process is the same for both the review and feedback tabs.
How to Post Comments
It’s super-easy to comment on a Review 360 item. Just place your cursor in a comment box or reply field, type your comment or paste text from your clipboard, then press Enter on your keyboard or click the Post button. If you change your mind, click Cancel.
When you start a new discussion thread, a screenshot of the content as it currently appears is automatically generated and attached to your comment. If you’re watching a video, the screenshot is captured as soon as you start typing. You’ll see these screenshots on the feedback tab.
Reviewers who have subscribed to all comments will receive email notifications for new comments that you post. And when you reply to an existing thread, you’ll see a list of reviewers who will be notified of your comment below the text-entry field.
Give your comments more personality with emojis. If you’re using a device with an emoji keyboard, simply tap the emojis you want to add to your comments. Or, click the emoji icon in the comment field and select emojis from the list.
You can direct your comments to specific reviewers by tagging them. Here are two ways to tag people.
- Type @ followed by the person’s name or email address. A list of reviewers will appear as you type. Select the person you want to tag from the list.
- Click the @mention icon in the comment field and choose a reviewer from the list that appears.
Who’s included in the @mention pick list? Great question! Everyone who has already commented on the current item appears in the list. And if you’re a member of an Articulate 360 Teams account, all members of your team also appear in the list.
Add attachments to comments to keep your team on the same page. Attach images, videos, audio tracks, and more!
- To add an attachment, click the paper clip icon in the comment field, then browse to the file you want to attach.
- To download an attachment, just click it and choose where you want to save it.
- To delete an attachment, hover over it and click the X that appears. (You can only delete attachments that you uploaded.)
You can attach up to five files per comment. Learn more about attachments.
All reviewers can edit their own comments. Here’s how.
- Hover over your comment, click the drop-down arrow that appears, and choose Edit.
- Change the text, emojis, @mentions, and attachments as needed. See above for details.
- Press the Enter key or click the Post button to save your changes.
Tip: If you don’t see a drop-down arrow when you hover over your comments, you’ll need to sign in to Review 360 with an account or click inside a comment/reply field and enter your email address when prompted.
All reviewers can delete their own comments. Hover over the comment you want to delete, click the drop-down arrow that appears, and choose Delete.
Here are some tips for deleting comments:
- While all reviewers can delete their own comments, the content owner can delete any comment by any reviewer.
- When you delete the first comment in a discussion thread, the entire thread gets deleted.
- Deleted comments can’t be restored. If you think you’ll need to refer to a comment later, try resolving it rather than deleting it.
- If you don’t see a drop-down arrow when you hover over comments, you’ll need to sign in to Review 360 with an account or click inside a comment/reply field and enter your email address when prompted.
Avoid confusion by resolving comments that have been addressed or are no longer relevant.
How to Resolve Comments
All reviewers can resolve comments. It’s easy! Hover over an individual comment or the first comment in a discussion thread, then click the check mark icon that appears. Depending on your settings, the comment or thread will either disappear or fade into the background.
Tip: If you don’t see a check mark icon when you hover over comments, you’ll need to sign in to Review 360 with an account or click inside a comment/reply field and enter your email address when prompted.
How to Show or Hide Resolved Comments
By default, resolved comments disappear. To see resolved comments, click the More (•••) icon in the upper right corner of the screen and choose Show Resolved Comments. They’ll reappear with a faded or desaturated look so you can distinguish them from comments that are still open.
To make resolved comments disappear again, click the More (•••) icon in the upper right corner and choose Hide Resolved Comments.
The show/hide setting is specific to each Review 360 item, so you can show resolved comments in one item and hide them in another. Review 360 remembers your choice so you don’t have to reset it every time you open an item.
How to Reopen Comments
Sometimes you need to reopen a comment or discussion that was previously resolved. No problem! First, show resolved comments as described above, then hover over the comment and click the green check mark icon that appears.
Export comments from a Review 360 item for analysis, backup, or regulatory requirements. Here’s how.
- First, make sure you’re signed in to Review 360 with an Articulate ID.
- Then, click the More (•••) icon in the upper right corner of the screen and choose Export Comments.
- Use the Comment Order drop-down list to choose how you want to organize comments in your report.
- Choose either CSV or PDF from the Export Format drop-down list.
- Click Export and choose where you want to save your report.
All comments for all versions of the review item get exported to a single report. However, to include resolved comments in the PDF export, set the item to Show Resolved Comments first via the More (•••) icon in the upper right corner before exporting.
The content owner can disable comments by clicking the More (•••) icon in the upper right corner of the screen and choosing Disable Comments. Here’s what happens when comments are disabled:
- The sidebar disappears from the review tab, and the feedback tab disappears altogether.
- If the review item already had comments, you won’t be able to read them unless you export them to a report.
- If the content owner enables comments again, all pre-existing comments will reappear. (Re-enable comments by clicking the More (•••) icon in the upper right corner and choosing Enable Comments.)
All reviewers can explore previous versions of a Review 360 item to see changes over time. Click the Version drop-down list in the upper left corner of the screen and choose a version number.
Comments roll forward with each new version, so you’ll see comments for the version you selected and all versions before it. To see the latest comments, switch to the current version of the item.
You can’t add, edit, delete, resolve, or reopen comments in previous versions of an item. Switch to the current version to perform these tasks.
Reviewers who sign in to Review 360 will see a share option in the upper right corner of the screen. Click Share to see the link for the current content. You can invite others to review the content by giving them the shareable link.
If the owner password-protected the content, you’ll need to provide the password when you invite other reviewers. Only the owner can add, change, and remove content passwords. Reach out to the owner if you need help with content links or passwords.
By default, all reviewers receive instant email notifications when someone replies to their comments or @mentions them. (The content owner receives email notifications for all comments.) The good news is you can manage your subscriptions and notifications by signing in with an Articulate ID, which is a great reason to create a free account if you don’t already have one.
How to Subscribe to a Review 360 item or Mute Notifications
You’ll receive email notifications for a Review 360 item when other reviewers reply to your comments or @mention you. But what if you want to get notifications for all comments or stop getting comments for an item? There’s a setting for that!
- Click the More (•••) icon in the upper right corner of the screen and choose Project Notifications. (You need to sign in to Review 360 with an account to see this setting.)
- Choose one of these options:
- Your Activity triggers email notifications when someone replies to your comments or @mentions you. This is the default setting for all reviewers except the content owner.
- All Activity triggers email notifications for all comments and replies on the content. This is the default setting for the content owner.
- Mute Project never sends email notifications.
- Click outside the notification settings menu to close it.
How to Change the Frequency of Email Notifications
By default, you’ll receive email notifications instantly, but you can reduce the frequency to hourly or daily.
- Click your profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen and choose Notification Settings. (You need to sign in to Review 360 with an account to see notification settings.)
- Choose how often you want to receive email notifications: Instantly, Hourly, or Daily.
- Click outside the notification settings menu to close it.
Email frequency is a global setting that applies to all your Review 360 items (except items you've muted).